Thus, as a visionary entrepreneur, you should look forward to continuously mold the nature of the product as desired by the buyers. But, the alarm is raised much after the arrival of better technologies/services/products introduced by your rivals. Isn’t it! Thus, hereby, we notify you to step out of your comfort zone and triumphantly indulge in the never-ending process of evolving your brand as sought by the whims and fancies of the customer’s behavior.
Let us also caution you that your marketing management has already been caught in loop if you think the following:
- Your business is going stable, therefore it is going fine.
(But stability signals complacency)
- Your sales are going down due to the fall in the national economy.
(But Decline in your business growth rate is anyways going to be adverse)
- You have a ‘perfect’ production and team so what if the results come out to be unsatisfactory sometimes.
(But, there is always a room for improvement)
- You are supporting your business by being traditional with your marketing fashion.
(But it is the era of innovation and crazy ideas)
- It is a rumor meant to scare the entrepreneurs that the competition is heading towards conversion.
(But it is a fact that converging business can shrink your profit)
- Customers are too busy to notice.
(But, if that is the case then successful ad campaigns shouldn’t have existed in the recent years)
No matter how big or small start you make to bring innovation to your business, you need to honestly admit that if there’s any time to create a unique brand, it is NOW.
The Human mind is also swayed by several signs and symbols it sees around. Their color, shape, category, size – everything generates a specific feeling in the brain. This is the stir of semiotics – the study of signs and symbols. For instance, the tick mark sign of Nike signifies a sporty and winning attitude. Nowadays, the profitability boost in national organizations is the magic by established brand solutions agency India. They create such marks that a consumer finds difficult to not to regard.
Via the semiotics medium, a brand flourishes by designing such signs that invoke the certain set of desirable reactions. Many consumer behavior experts and market gurus infer that such ideograms create psychological relations, supposition and projection amongst the target audiences. Brands like Claude Levi-Strauss, Roland Barthes and Umberto Eco, have been one of the buyer’s favorites. All of them had significant and assertive symbols which gradually became a strong part of their brand identity. As for us, luckily, there are few but valuable brand solutions agency India.
Advertising is a vast area. The techniques of semiotics can be used in creating effectual packaging, logos, marketing materials and promotions. Peircian semiotics further stresses that the designing of such logos should be done to generate specific interpretations in the customer’s mind. For instance, Muthoot Group is 128 years old. It deals in the area of gold loaning. The image showing two elephant got firmly registered in the minds of the customers. Indians particularly in the South are very close to elephants. Now, Muthoot is the pioneering gold loaning organization in the country.
An entrepreneur often has to consult many brand solutions agency India. At LemonGrit, the years of experience and a huge variety of clients have presented us the treasure of abundant ideas and an excellent hand over to implement them. It is the right platform for those who want innovation in the identity of their product.
During AAHAR 2015, we enjoyed the impressive presentation by RATIONAL AG, one of the largest manufacturers of professional food steamers and ovens in the world. It impressed us and we decide to take an interview with Sascha Barby the Head of Product management Application RATIONAL AG. Here is what he had to say:
We were happy to be a part of your presentation at AAHAR 2015, New Delhi. Are there any challenges in cooking traditional Indian food with Rational equipment?
Yes, especially when it comes to Tandoor-cooking and the unique flavor that is created with the fat dripping in the charcoal and the tempering of spices, but we have mastered these challenges. The SelfCooking Center® 5 Senses is a perfect partner for the Tandoor, you can (pre-) produce Tandoori products in a safe and efficient way in there and if wanted finish them in the Tandoor to get the perfect taste. We have many customers producing traditional Indian dishes in our units and many pure vegetarian users. especially for them we have launched at AAHAR our vegetarian concept. This includes a special profile which can be downloaded and turns the unit into a pure vegetarian unit. Additionally to this we have developed a brand new vegetarian cookbook for our customers. It is important to know that we see us as a partner for Indian cuisine, we want to make kitchens more efficient and help to improve cooking, that’s it. My perfect picture is to see a SelfCooking Center® 5 Senses beside a Tandoor – a perfect couple!
You have been representing Rational in the Indian subcontinent for over 3 years. How has you culinary Journey been in India?
My first visit was confusing, I didn’t understand what cooking in India is about and how it works. Our approach is to roll up the sleeves and learn it, talk to chefs, cook with them, talk about their work and culture. You cannot just focus on cooking, it is about the people, how they live and think. This way you slowly start to understand what Indian cooking is as well. This is the basis for turning this knowledge into our intelligent cooking paths, which are easy to use at a push of a button. This approach we do in all countries, especially in Asia and Latin America, because the cooking is so different. I love the way how spices are used in India, this is worldwide unique. Every time I am in India I learn more and that’s good this way: it never gets boring.
What is your favourite kitchen equipment?
Of course our SelfCooking Center® 5 Senses, because you can do so much with it, it keeps you creative and offers always perfect results. If you ask for an Indian cooking equipment it is, of course, the Tandoor, that’s a brilliant way of cooking and offers so much flavor; it’s great to watch Chef’s work with it. I have one at home and we use it a lot during summer, everyone goes crazy for a nice garlic naan and paneer tikka.
Which Rational equipment would you recommend to a food startup as a first purchase?
That really depends on what you want to do in the business. We have a unique sales process where a customer sees the unit in action followed by a detailed consultancy which product is the right one for her or his operation. We make sure that the customers got the perfect fit and can start using the unit to 100%, which is especially for start-up’s important. Let’s say you open a restaurant with 60 seats and room for functions, then you would be perfectly equipped with a Combi Duo of a SelfCooking Center® 5 Senses 101 and 61. The right accessories and free RATIONAL training make the whole system perfect.
Has India enhanced your cooking experience with its complex flavours?
Oh yes, it did. It gave me a deeper understanding of how spices work together and how you can enhance and control the flavor. These experiences are now all part of the SelfCooking Center® 5 Senses. Germans love Indian food for the richness and aromas, it is so different from traditional German cooking. I do a lot of Indian cooking at RATIONAL and as well at home which I learned from our Corporate Chef Gaurav… even if I never will get to the point to cook like an Indian chef. And that’s good this way – and a reason to come back to India.
Which spice is your favourite?
Black Cardamom in combination with Cinnamon. I like the rustic and smoky flavor of the cardamom in braised dishes and biryanis and the sweetness the cinnamon offers.
With the rapid evolution of technology, how do you see the future of the food appliance industry. What innovations can we expect in near future?
We will continue to have a look at the cooking habits worldwide and develop solutions for our customers. There are so many ideas how we can make live in the kitchen better and enhance the quality of the food – of course I can’t go into detail! I personally think that modern technology will even more blend in with traditional equipment and make work in kitchens easier and more efficient. The focus will be more on cooking, quality and efficiency and not that much anymore on routine tasks and all the things that keep us away from being creative and successful. RATIONAL will be in future as well a good partner regarding this.
Thank You for an amazing interview, Sascha!
For more information on Rational products in India, visit Rational-online.com
- Quality assured: Starbucks’ products are tested time and again,
- Connecting with consumer insight: These days, it focuses on social impact
- Increasing accessibility: It is also launching mobile ordering facility in several states.
Expanding the target audience: It will soon start selling Beer and Wine in Canada
- Using love to stimulate: The atmosphere inside takes us back to the old days of promotion
- Menu for all: Modern menu makeover would make space for larger audience
- New CEO, different plans: What Mc Donald’s new CEO will do is a matter of excitement!
- Great social media presence: Through participating in popular events, Mc D extends its social media network
- A lot for the younger audience: Mac Donald’s target younger audience through mobile vouchers
- Effect of right advertisement: Mountain Dew relates with consumer via live-streaming office tours
- Adding a twist: The company uses social media to directly relate to the customer for example, the contest on LinkedIn to promote marketing jobs
- Wide usage of Logo: The Logo appears on broadly visited sites like that of Super Bowl
- Great sponsorship: Pepsi’s Head of Music solicits genuine sponsoring
- Socially conscious image: Coca-Cola projects itself as socially responsible through ad campaigns
- Celebrating with people: It celebrates 100 years of its ‘profile’ bottle, thus making buyers market feel engaged
- Expanding into various forays: It is to start an innovation center at Georgia Tech
- Focused marketing strategy: Their unique branding which aims at preserving the individuality influences the customers enormously
- The font of the information and the brand name, the design and size of icons, theme color, categorization and subtraction of information etc. are the design components that decide the quality of the product outwardly.
- An ideal branding should also speak for what the company stands for. Besides, it is meant to showcase the key highlights, be it the price, or the value or the feasibility etc. As a vague example, a product consisting of several natural elements, may highlight them than to show the product itself.
- The several levels of packaging process has its own worth, from the kind of material used, the number of ingredients used to the product image depicted. All these stages are in dire need of branding experts to provide the most feasible solutions.
The purpose of informing you about such latest technologies is to make you adopt them as soon as possible. May that help in securing more customers. Launching it at the earliest possible time in the market will also create a buzz about your brand.
- Wireless exchange of information – The branded app created for your food business could enable customer to put order as and when they enter the predefined perimeter
- Direct communication between the customers and the kitchen – The customers will directly order much before entering the restaurant
- No economic loss for the owner – By the order of prepaid orders, if in case the customer does not show up – it won’t create any loss to the entrepreneur
- Time-saving – As the order would already have been placed, it will be more convenient for your chefs to organize the valuable time better. They will be able to prioritize their tasks much better and hence, provide timely services
- Fresh Food – Now, that cooks will be privileged with more time, they would rather go for cooking instantly so as to suffice the customers’ expectations of freshly prepared meals
- Convenient for the customers too – Imagine a buyer ordering and you delivering the food to a car parking or gas pump or anywhere! Won’t it make the buyer happy with your services. And, you were able to achieve all this only by the using the advanced technologies.LemonGrit also specializes in food business branding. Let us avail you with more such breathtaking ideas so that you command the future market. Prove that you can make the noise of innovation among the customers.
We inquired numerous males, some of them were working while some were students. They gave different reasons for ordering food from outside.
1. Men are not good cooks generally – India mainly has a patriarchal setup. And believe us, guys cook pathetic. After vigorous practice, they may be able to cook instant food like noodles and omelette but it’s difficult to go beyond.
2. Good food is worth relishing, why not to order it – At times, a particular restaurant is so popular that it is difficult for men to keep their taste buds under control. So, they enjoy ordering time and again.
3. It’s party time – Several occasions like friend’s birthday, or an unexpected promotion, job change and the weekend time. arouse the party thrill amongst men. And, as everybody knows, a good party is incomplete without good food.
4. It’s convenient, saves time and energy – Many of the working man are too stressed after office to cook. So, they prefer to order food from outside.
5. Fewer spendings, more fun – Rather than going out in a restaurant bar, paying manifolds than the M.R.P, wasting money on commuting, isn’t that more convenient to order food and beverages and have a blast at home itself.
“It is better to make a customer than to make a sale”Theodore Levitt.
Exciting, stable, ever-changing, hits, flops – the market changes its features rapidly with the change in the nature of the customers. Yet, several companies were able to emerge as the major market players because they choose to shift from conventional advertising to emotional advertising. Since, consumers seek to change their brands more frequently than ever – there is an urgent need of establishing a strong emotional association with their hearts. The clothes that they wear, the coffee that they drink, the footwear that they choose – it all depicts their way of thinking. Thus, a personalized perspective is required to define the manner of endorsement.
The fashion of advertisement in order to develop a touching bond with the buyers should stress on the following:
- The solutions that can make your products an ‘odd one out’ yet desirable
- The solutions that can keep the choosy customers opting for your brand again and again
- The solutions that large scale companies use in order to allocate the apt emotions in their branding; creating loyal customers in the long run
- The solutions that act as a medium to bridge the gap between the brand and the customers’ heart
- The solutions that can yield lifetime associations with the buyers
Be it the B2B segment or C2C, a research concludes that customers use 80% of their instinct and 20% of rationality to purchase goods or services. So as to achieve the purpose of convincing the customers emotionally, smart marketers have always created effective advertising strategies through significantly managing the customers’ database. It helps them in segregating and studying better about the consumer insight. By knowing the exact wants of the customers, they win customers’ loyalty which further gives the organization the targeted sales and profitability.
Mark Gob mentions in his book ‘Emotional Branding’, that branding should be approached in a way that pleases the personalized world of the customer. It should look forward to create an intimate interactive conversation.
A marketing team which is governed by the traditional school of thought would focus on four P’s – Product, Price, Place and Promotion. But a contemporary marketing team would try to:
- Segment people into groups on the basis of their buying habits
- Read carefully about the buyers’ purchasing experience
- Brand on personal basis by identifying the indeed needs of the consumer
- Make the brand widely and physically present
- Build personal relationships via well planned integrated communications
- Cooperate and partner with all three levels – employees, suppliers and buyers
- Create policies for the customers through wisely using the database
- Exploit each point of contact with the customer via the route of creativity and out of the box thinking. Thus, generating lifetime loyalty for the brand
Let us give you some direct examples of how the following brands got popular instantly through targeting the emotional needs of customer:
- Multiple generations relate to the heart-warming characters introduced by Disney
- The Nike stores called Nike Town create a sporty atmosphere and also shows sports legends
- Cadbury Park in UK motivates customers to engage in the designing, producing, and packaging of chocolates
- Starbucks make the customers eager to come back as the waiters greet and exchange extra words with them and offer customized coffee
In all the cases above, the product and service were evolved to suffice the buyer better rather than changing the customer’s mind to like that specific product/service. The food branding professionals at LemonGrit are excited to transform the course of marketing game as they have done so, many times. Would you like to join us?
“Interactive technologies represent innovative ways to make your restaurant more attractive, more interesting, more hi-tech. These are not just “catches” and certainly not new elements of decor, rather, they create a unique atmosphere in a venue which will become part of urban life, the main attraction which is not to be missed.”
Restaurant business is certainly not a cakewalk to establish. From the 100 restaurants opened this year, only about 20% will survive to next year. The owners do try to experiment with the venue, style and interiors but can we deny the fact that the customer delivery system has remained same for ages. It has been a constant and thus, monotonous process of taking a table, ordering, eating and paying. The implementation of advanced ideas changes things faster than ever.. In such a competitive scenario, some food businesses are catching up faster as they drop the traditions that lasted for centuries. and move ahead while embracing latest trends.
As food branding experts, let us work it out for you. Firstly, a restaurant is just not a place to eat. It is, rather a hub where people do get-to-gather, arrive for a responding ambiance, socialize, make friends and exchange ideas.
Ukrainian businessman Dmitry Kostic is the founder of Kodisoft and numerous other projects. Few years back, he decided to work on building the technology for future restaurants. A program namely Interactive Restaurant Technology (IRT) was being launched by him in 2011. To explain you briefly, IRT enables a customer to makes them ordering online and chat with some other customer.
Another top feature is that the customer gains the sweet authority of changing the ambiance around via the touch panel. Two restaurants based on IRT have already succeeded in amusing the customers in a short span few months. The company Interactive Restaurant Technology made money by leaps within the short period of three years only.
There is a vast difference in imagining something majestic and turning it into reality. The three challenges were –
b) The thickness of the glass in an iPad is not more than 1.4 mm. And the glass used for the table had to be around 10 mm thick.
c) It was also crucial to develop a touchscreen panel that could be used by multiple people at the same time. The maximum usage was limited to 10 people.Solution
As a result, a new technology was worked upon which did not include any analog. For instance, the interactive restaurant can identify the object by its shape. The project was further submitted to Microsoft BizPark that also helped in reducing the money spending license of visual studio and so on. The model was improvised so that could be applied directly after the completion.Why
The advantage of interactive technology is not only effective solution which attract on its own. It also helps to save on all printing expenses and reduce waiters till two. When interactive tables combined with interactive panels, restaurant interior may be changed in minutes, and it saves on expensive season decoration or give advantage to events.While restaurant income is usually based on food sales, with interactive restaurants IT tables give an ability to earn on affiliate programs. In this new restaurants, the income from FnB sales and affiliate programs from the relevant brands is 50/50. While client eats he can chat with other people, order food, or do shopping.
- Greater profits
- Guaranteed increase in the average checkIncreased number of customers due to the new format of a venue
- Reduced expenses in attracting customers, thanks to the uniqueness of the restaurant
- Abolishes printed menus and other presentation materials
- Use of interactive surfaces for advertising purposes
- Service improvement
- Customers may choose a preferred language
- Customers may be informed about any dish with one touch on the interactive surfaces (including its history, ingredients, calorie count, recommended drinks to accompany dishes, etc.)
- Instant order without waiting for a waiterHigh level of comfort.
New opportunities for you
- Preventing incidents of dishonesty among the staffStrict control over the entire process of processing of orders
- Instant orders, direct to the kitchen
- Reducing time spent on service of a single order
- Increasing the customer flow
- Providing customers with unique services
- Turning customers into free advertising agents (word of mouth advertising)
New experiences for customers
- Socializing with other patronsGames, video, chat
- Live online broadcasts from the kitchen
- Interactive guidebooks
- Taxi booking
- Great impressions
- Interactive table also helps to collect data about the client, and, as a result, provides a better service for a returning customers.
- Besides interactive tabletops, many things can be interactive too: partitions, walls, floor, interactive terminal or bar, POS.
The interactive features of the restaurant will become the basis of its concept. In addition, the customer would certainly be offered really delicious food. We will ensure that the food is of the highest quality, by selecting the best chef for your chosen cuisine – be it European, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Mexican, or any other.
It is difficult to overestimate the importance of the graphic presentation of a product. The name of the restaurant, its logo and corporate identity deserve the same consideration to attract customers. By creating an interactive restaurant based on unique technologies of management and communication, we create a brand that will be embodied in highly attractive graphics and fonts containing brilliant content. This branding book will be a guide to all external communications – from your business card to the most beautiful waitresses in the world.
An interactive restaurant is first of all a beautiful functional venue, which harmoniously combines technology and design. We will help you design a unique and lively atmosphere that further becomes the Unique Selling Proportion (USP) of your business.
If the kitchen is the “heart” of the interactive restaurant, our equipment will become its soul. There are many kinds of interactive surfaces: interactive tables, floors, walls, partitions, bar stands, quick order terminals and electronic queues. Each of them has its specific function – service, entertainment, time-saving or information referencing. Together they create a unique all-encompassing interactive complex, which will transform the entire restaurant into an intelligent, user-friendly system, both for you and your guests.
We have no doubt that opening a restaurant of this kind will make the news in the media. But even before the all-important ribbon cutting ceremony, we will develop and begin implementing a marketing program to promote your business to ensure that the new project progresses in a well planned, thought through manner that is guaranteed to succeed. Our experience based on similar projects shows that interactive restaurants attract great interest and competent promotion makes it the most popular venue in the city.
Whether you decide to take a step towards creating an interactive restaurant or not, this project is definitely worth attention to. Besides, Dmitri Kostic proves that investments will be returned within a first year, as technology is new and many economical factors were included. Let’s hope to see first interactive restaurant in New Delhi, Who knows 🙂
All pictures by Kodisoft
Many companies proudly promote themselves as brands to their clients and advertising agencies. Unfortunately, not all of them have grown to the level of even product or brand.
By definition, the difference between a product, trade mark and the brand determines popularity, relevance and credibility. So, when your company is positioned as a product in the minds of your customers then the most important aspects are product’s quality and its popularity.
Trademark has some qualities of the brand but does not get much credibility and popularity. Brand in its turn has a popular name and a very high level of trust and reputation. The presence of the registered mark still does not make you a brand, the presence of high-class popular product is also not yet brand, all components of the product and the TM together, plus a high level of trust, respect and fame – create the real brand.
Some time ago, along with a brand, a new definition was presented to the market this definition is the “love mark”. Time will show if it will survive or not. What is “love mark”? “Love mark” more than just a brand, while brand trusted for some reason (money, fame, popularity), “love mark” finds its buyers without a reason. “Love mark” is the lifestyle and love. An excellent example was given on presentation where “Love mark” was introduced — Yamaha motorcycles and Harley Davidson. Yamaha is the big brand you can trust it… But Harley Davidson sells because it has its own style, its growls 🙂 it’s cool, its love, life and other qualities are implied by themselves, but important is love.
How to get the quota of trust and people’s love?
For years, giants of the global B2C industries have advertised on TV in the newspapers and other media. Huge budget allows them to buy celebrities to endorse and advertise, use the grandiose special effects and the small companies lost hope. However, not many people understand that the advertising built on original interesting practical solutions works and doesn’t always require a lot of money. It certainly doesn’t mean that you have to tear the agency and give them as little money, that the idea can only be killed!!! But it means that you do not need to be Nike to make a successful name in the footwear industry.
Today when everything changes fast, it is not so easy to find the consumer. To reach your aims, the exact mechanisms and actions are required.
Qualitative and not expensive results can be provided through online media. Undeniable online media is quite rapid and effective to generate the database and instant feedback from customers on a relatively small budgets. Usually, the target audience is young and they are able to experiment and try new things. These qualities are the ideal springboard for constructing high-quality brand. Social networks, search engines, blogs, online shops and much more can become a runway for those who have not accumulated enough to use Michael Jordan in advertising.
What makes online media so attractive to young brand builders?
First of all, it is an opportunity to speak directly to your buyer. Direct communication with your customer gives great tools to build proper statistics and generate ideas to sell more effectively. Search engine analytic provides redundant information about competitors and the popularity of your product. Using online data helps you to succeed in dealing with your weaknesses and improve qualities of your advertising communication.
You should not be limited by online media if your product is designed for the offline audience but makes it clear advantage of this inexpensive and promising launch platform.
“Stressing too much on branding is a waste of money! And I don’t even know if it is works for me at all.”
“Does branding help business to a great extent?” It is natural for such thoughts for any business owner. The budgets are always limited, money and time always short. To start the journey from any product or service to becoming a brand, let’s define what is the brand.
In simple terms, a brand is the image which appears in the mind of you customers. This image will either create a loyal customer or will make people and their friends dislike your product or service.
As a matter of the fact that you cannot monitor the mind of your customers. But by careful thinking, you can control image being formed. You can pursue them to think desirable about your products.
To do this might appear difficult, but if you disseminate a preplanned information about the brand through all possible channels, it is easily achievable.
However, due to budget constraints, they may prioritize those ‘channels’; that entirely depends on the sort of target group to be addressed. But, the propagation level, if possible, should be high enough that you as a business expert could share the benefits of your product with the world. Once, your product receives a good share of the visibility factor from the potential costumers, you may then think forward to advertize differently and evolve even more advanced features in your product.
Your Brand matters! Its image persuades & builds a profitable relationship with customers and motivates them to buy the product. If the brand has been managed properly, then it becomes successful in befriending the customers. Through various communication channels, an organization can enable customers to turn into loyal ones and even recommend to others to buy your product. Conversely, not paying attention to the consumers will get you very limited success.
Due to extensive digitalization, gone are the days, when only big corporate brands had that massive reach. Now any fresh, unique and valuable product/service can be advertised without any boundaries. It requires to have a human quality, honesty and attraction. Today, when the new generation is sick of advertisements, “the word of the mouth” remains almost the only way to share trustworthy information. And its up to you to build up “the Brand” or leave it as it is. But if you dream to make your brand a big one in the food industry, we can help you.
Let’s talk about it at 9811898844.
Where would you like to see your business tomorrow?
Do you have a roadmap for your company for the next 5 years? Well, if not five, at least three. How do you plan to face the biggies of your industry? (they have been in the business for years)
It is here that Lemongrit can help complement your marketing efforts in such a way that your rupee stretches. All the way! We help you get more bang for your buck.
Here’s the deal! Like the big guys, we know how branding works. The only space we help you buy is the consumer’s head. Lemongrit ensures that your product, organization or your service gets the attention it deserves.
What we can do for you:
Building a brand ground-up.
Right from the research stage to the launch. From naming and giving your brand a signature, to advertising it. Lemongrit can advice and help. For example, if you are a restaurant, we can help you with your name, your logo, your distinct style, plan your interiors, your menu, signage and whatever you need to be up and running (and continue running). Or say you are a cheese manufacture, we can help you package it in such a way that it stands out on the shop floor. Or create a whole shop-in-shop experience for your customers.
Photography & the visual language.
We also create a whole visual language for your brand. Here photography plays a very important part. How many times have pictures really impressed you. I mean really, really!
We’ll, help you do the same. From conceptual to product to interiors. To fit your walls or made-to-style your packaging. For advertising or editorial.
To sum it up
We make people notice your brand, read it, understand it, believe it and want it. Because if it fails in one, it fails in all.
Lemongrit designs and executes strategic, targeted communications programmes, events and promotions that are more than just noise. Work that works.
Give us a call on 9811898844.